Monday, November 24, 2014

Ministry Day 1 With The Kids

We arrived on the sight with no clue of where to go or what to do. We were told to walk around to the back of the school, and there we find the whole school doing an assembly. (I later found out it is a Monday only thing.) 

We stand in the back watching every one of us a little timid and lost. It was fun seeing how all the kids started off their week. I find Crista and head over to our class room. My group consisted of Crista, Rosemary Jones, Barry Jones, and Myself. The Jones’ are a sweet old couple from Cambridge, England and are parents of one of the team members that is always here.  Our first class of the day was with the first year kids who have only known school since September. I was amazed to see that they all knew how to read my name and write their own without a pre-written example. We played a few games with them and then went to lunch. The kids all go home for lunch so we went to a small restaurant where we had burritos. (The only way I can describe is sloppy joe mix for the inside.) We came back from lunch and went to our second class. It was to Standard 3 for my small group of four. Standard 3 was a group whose age was from 8 to 10.  They had two classes in the same room so we took our group and went outside. The boys of this group learned my name so fast yet I only remember one. (His name is Tony which is close to my name Anthony.) We covered the same story of Noah’s ark. Then we played a few games and went home. It was a very good day and a great way to start the week.


Shane R.






No comments:

Post a Comment